Friday, June 24, 2011

Hard at work, or Hardly workin'

These last couple days have been a blur. I've been up to 5 am working then back up and working by 10 or 11am the next morning. Not bad amounts of sleep, but I've been at the drawing table for most of the time I haven't been sleeping.

My friend Matt came over today and helped me sort out my suggested character list for the coming years worth of daily sketch suggestions. We had a ton of fun going through all the wacky and cool characters that Im getting excited to finally draw.  It was a daunting task and one that Im not nearly as organizationally equipped to deal with. But we've broken the list down to periodic themed weeks and even a couple full months of sketch events and amazingly large properties to focus on.

I tried to take everyone's suggestions into account, some were soooo obscure that I had to let them go to keep the majority of the audience for the blog interested. However, there are certainly a few that were left in that will be surprising to say the least.

More on that soon, but keep posted I will begin the year long, daily sketch challenge starting on my Birthday this year July 7th!

Because I've got to get back to work, I don't have much to say about this piece. It was a lot of fun to do a classic Batman and Batgirl. I haven't drawn that many DC characters, and I do enjoy the commissions that give me the chance to do them.

5 comments:

  1. Looks great Robert. Looking forward to the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow cool artwork! About how long do you think you will take to do your daily sketch? Are you going to give yourself a time limit, or sketch between work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to figure out the rules. I like th idea of a 30-60-90.
    I give my self the option of 3 time limits. Then based on the character, or my current workload i can pick the appropriate time limit. But never longer than 90 min.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So looking forward to seeing your sketch challenge. Are you going to be keeping the challenge sketches or will you be putting them up for possible purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still working out the details. I will have 3 set prices to correspond with the time i spend on the sketch. If the sketch is for sale, then i will post the price along with the image and its first come first serve.

    ReplyDelete