Saturday, June 25, 2011

"It's DC Noise Baby!"

This was a recent commission sketch I did for Mike, one of the co-hosts for the DC Noise Podcast. Some day Im going to have to do a Disco Collar Nightwing for Keith, and a Captain Kirk for Darrell.

http://www.dcnoisepodcast.com/

I did an interview with them for their episode 124 and they talked about Snake Eyes #1 for a little on episode 129. If you haven't listened to their show I suggest going back to atleast 120 and listening from there. I am laughing out loud every time I listen.  My wife will often ask from the other room why I'm laughing to myself in my studio. I tell her it's a podcast, and it's inevitably DC Noise.

I got a ride, along with Mike,  from the airport in Philly as we were going to CGS Super show. Mike had wanted a commission from me at that show, and I just couldn't get to it. So I knew he was going to be at Heroes con about a month or so later, and at the last minute I found out I was able to go as well. In my regular fashion, again at the last minute, I finished this up and was able to get it to him there in Charlotte.


I've never had a chance to draw Deadshot before, and this kind of character is right up my alley! Good pick Mike.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE Deadshot! Probably my favorite Dc villain! Great job!
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Great Robert. Cant wait to see Keith's Disco Nightwing.
    Chuck,
    StarJoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not as familiar with Deadshot, but I've been wanting to read Secret Six for a while now. Any other suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Disco Nightwing is totally happening. He'll be couple skating with Keith at the skate rink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "met" Deadhsot during Legends (Post Crisis) and then the Suicide Squad, which spun out of Legends. He also had a 4 issue mini-series back then, that would be Mature Readers now, just for the premise. Crazy, deep, great characterization!

    Shane

    ReplyDelete