Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New and Improved Blog


Hey folks, So to streamline my online presence a bit Im creating a new blog that hopefully I will keep updated more regularly.

My regular Robert Atkins Art.com website is being redone and should be live fairly soon. I wanted to have a blog with a companion title and it made sense to have them linked.

I will post here any news, conventions, appearances, podcast updates and obviously any new art that I can share.

Thanks for sticking with me and being willing to follow the new blog!

Here are a few images to get us started. These are some of the convention commissions I've done this spring. Any images that are colored are done by Simon Gough, my colorist on SnakeEyes for IDW.







6 comments:

  1. I really dig the Rocketeer one. Do you have every convention piece you do colored? or just certain ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just certain ones, it depends if I can get a high res scan of it. I pay a colorist to do it as well. I dont have much time for that, so I have to think its a kind of character or a good enough drawing to warrant me paying for the extra work.

    I have a hand held wand scanner now, so that will help me get the high res scans of each piece I do at shows. Previous to that I was dependent on the client scanning it in well and sending that to me after the show. I would get maybe 1 out of 10 back that way.

    Thanks for checking out the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks man, it was a con sketch at the CGS Super Show and Simon colored it up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great to see your work as it comes out! I'm excited to see your dailies when they start rolling out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Im looking forward to the daily ritual.

    ReplyDelete