Sunday, June 26, 2011

Saints and Commissioners...often one in the same.

This was a commission I recently finished for a guy that is in the upper echelon of patient commissioners that will ever be praised in my mind. I have a small group of people who enjoyed my work enough to commission me to do a piece of art for them. The people in this group have waited anywhere between 1 and 3 years for their respective commissions. I can't thank them enough for sticking with me, some haven't and I completely understand.

The turnaround on my commissions has always been dependent on my regular deadline work. I'm grateful that GI Joe and other projects have kept me so busy within the last 3 years or so. But it has meant that those waiting would be willing to continue to wait until my schedule opened up a bit. This Lightning Lad is one of the convention quality commissions that the owner was incredibly patient.

Battle worn Lightning Lad from the DC Comics,  Legion of Superheroes.
Thanks Tim!
 I have just a few cover quality commissions left on my list to get done and before I start my daily sketch challenge I will be wrapping up my long awaited commission list completely. (with the exception of one, which I'll talk about in a minute)

Mostly I just wanted to say thanks to those who have stuck with me and waited. The commission that had to wait the longest was in fact the one that took the longest. It consisted of two pieces, each page was 18x24 inches and had 5 characters on it. So a combined width of 48 inches. That is a 4 foot, 10 figure commission, and needless to say it took me awhile. On the whole I've had a great experience doing commissions and have sincerely appreciated the support.

This next year, during my sketch challenge, I won't be taking commission besides a GI Joe #1 cover recreation, except replaced with Star Wars characters and ships....I will wait a minute while your head explodes from the awesome.







Cool, so with the exception of that cover quality commission, I will be doing my typical convention commission at shows and my daily sketch challenge for the upcoming year. Keep on the look out for the characters that I post, if it's one that you would like from me, they will typically be available for sale and it will be first come first serve on the art.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see that cover!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is NYCC the last con you're attending this year?

    ReplyDelete