Saturday, July 16, 2011

Harry Potter Week -Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Hands down my favorite character in the Harry Potter series. I always loved the gentle wisdom, and the way Dumbledore took the time to nurture Harry. Especially in the first 2 books, Dumbledore took the time to try to teach Harry to become a better person. He was always encouraging kindness, and bravery.

In the movies, my wife is probably sick of hearing me repeat this, but I am a huge fan of Richard Harris. I think his portrayal of Dumbledore is spot on. He emotes both gentleness and strength, with that touch of wit. I think Michael Gambon has certainly grown into the roll throughout the movies, and I found finally with the 6th movie I wasn't distracted by his version of Dumbledore.

For more info on this guy, this is a pretty exhaustive background of Dumbledore. It's pretty cool to see how in depth people have fleshed out his character and background.



With this sketch, I was eager to do it. I've been out of town all week, I just got back today and had to scramble to get this all done to hit my day. But here ya go. I spent longer on this one to make sure I had it the way I was envisioning it before I started. So for the first one this week I spent 60 min. on this. I thought it interesting that he might be holding the prophesy orb here, from Order of the Phoenix.

Harry Potter Week - Professor Albus Dumbledore - 010



SOLD
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Dumbledore" to 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

1 comment:

  1. Dude, the design of his hat alone is killer. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete