Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Color that up fool!

In the coming year's sketch challenge, I want to take the chance to experiment and try new kinds of materials for my art. With comics, you get set on a regular schedule, often it's tight, and you pencil away. It's very easy to get in a rut or become comfortable doing the same thing every day with the same materials. Also because I work in gray or just black and white I dont get the opportunity to explore much color. So Im looking forward to that.

Here are just a couple examples of a marker colored commission.

Cobra Commander






Hellcat from Marvel Comics

3 comments:

  1. That Hellcat turned out REALLY nice. I'm coming to learn that with marker (commissions esp), using the white of the paper as a color really strengthens the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors on Cobra Commander are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete