Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gassassinated.....Altair a.k.a. Silent but Deadly

So today's sketch is Altair from the video game Assassin's Creed. I played the first level of the first game (there are now 3 I think). It was flippin' amazing. I quickly realized I would spend waaaaaay too much time on it and set it aside. It's sad how I play enough of a game to realize how cool it is, but I know how easy it would be for me to get behind on my work if I played too much XBox. I barely play, and it's usually when my 5 year old son wants to play Ultimate Alliance, or a Street Fighter game.

However, since I've had the game, I have always wanted to draw this character. The designs and backgrounds are astounding with each version that has come out. So it was fun to finally take a stab at the character. It's not exactly what I had in mind, but fun to do none the less. I hope to get the chance to draw him again someday.  This sketch took about 45 min. but I'll round down for the art if anyone is interested.

Altair Assassin's Creed - 013


Original Art for Sale - $30 + $6 shipping
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Altair" to 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

2 comments:

  1. You sure this isn't Ezio? It hardly looks like Altaïr at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right actually. I think the suggestion was just Assassin's Creed, and I chose the design and time period from this latest game. I actually haven't played "brotherhood" so I was unfamiliar with the story line and character's names. I like the idea of an assasssin's guild that has been around all through the ages.

    But you are right, this isnt infact Altair from the first game.

    ReplyDelete