Sunday, July 24, 2011

GL Corps....fail

Well, so this was supposed to be a gift to my son who loves Green Lantern. GL was the 3rd superhero toy he had ever gotten and been his favorite for almost half his life. Sure that's only 2 years, but it's still saying something. When I asked my daughter what she wanted, of course it was the Strawberry Shortcake that I posted a few days ago. When I asked my son he told me he wanted 3 Green Lanterns, Poozer (who is actually Kilowog, but he calls him Poozer), Green Lantern (actually Hal Jordan, the main DC comics Green Lantern) and Fin head (who is actually Tomar in the GL books)

So I got started tonight and eagerly showed him how my drawing was coming along after I had penciled it in and started inking it. He saw it and after a pause said, eh it's okay, but where is Robot Green Lantern (or Stel)......and why aren't they flying?

Well, attempt #1 at a drawing for my son to hang on his wall is a FAIL. His loss is your gain, this sketch is definitely for sale. oy.

Green Lantern Corps - 018

Original Art for Sale - SOLD
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "GL Corps" to 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

4 comments:

  1. You should draw him a picture MARVIN as green lantern. If he doesn't want it, I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff sir! I like the background in it... def finishes the drawing perfectly. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing drawing. I would be all over that one if I wasn't watching what I buy right now. Trying to limit myself.

    I swear your son is like your best critic because he makes you work harder. If I was in his position you wouldn't grow as an artist because I would constantly just be praising you.

    You need someone who will knock you down a few pegs so you don't get cocky. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ryan, yeah it's good to have a tough critic. Growing up my Dad is an artist too, and he would say he liked what I had drawn, but then tell me what I could do better. Instead of just telling me Im amazing or something. it was tough to take sometimes as a kid, but man it helped me get better and trained me to take advice.

    ReplyDelete