Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Week- Severus Snape

Snape, I think hands down the best character of the book. He is the turning point for nearly every plot twist in the series. Again I wasn't staying true to the movie versions, but man I do like Alan Rickman for this role. He nailed it, and an outstanding job for the casting director and costume designer for them to cement this character so visually.

The sketch, I wanted to keep it mostly black on the figure. Balance the composition a bit, but mostly focus on his face. It would be easy to make him look the villian, but I find I actually pity the character than am afraid of him or root for him in the series. I tried to carry that in his face and especially the eyes.

Fun to do, again I wish I had more time to develop the drawing, but keeping them at 30 min. has been an instructive challenge this week.

Harry Potter Week - Severus Snape - 009


Original Art for Sale - $30
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Snape" to 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


No comments:

Post a Comment