Monday, July 25, 2011

This was a themed week that I simply couldn't wait to do, so I had to put it in the first month of the sketch challenge.  Thundercats was HUGE for me growing up, one of my top 5 cartoons ever. Each day this week I will do a sketch of one of the Thundercats, then you will get a suprise on the last day to see how all these sketches match up!

Also, the timing of this themed week couldn't be better. Thundercats is relaunching a new cartoon on Cartoon Network this coming Fri. night at 8pm EST .  From everything I've seen on the trailers, this looks to have a scale way beyond what the original show explored. Many of the same characters, though redesigned a touch, will be there in the first few episodes. So to kick it off we'll start with my son's favorite Thundercat....


Thundercats Cheetara - 019

Original Art for Sale - $60 + $6 shipping
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Cheetara" to 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

4 comments:

  1. I simply cannot wait for that new cartoon. I'm right there with you where it was in my top 5 cartoons growing up. We're planning an all Thundercats spotlight episode soon for Star Joes.

    Your sketches each day will make a great countdown to the new show. I think out of all the 80's franchises coming back in new cartoons and animation, this is the one I am looking forward to the most.

    Beautiful Cheetara. Yes, I had a crush on the cartoon cat lady as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's killing me I messed up the lines around her eyes. they dont round off like Spiderman, they cut back in towards the ears. I knew better but just realized I had drawn it wrong. Ack, so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THUNDER!

    Not optimistic for the new cartoon, but I'll give it a try. I AM excited for Thundercats week here, though!

    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder she's your son's favorite. I think she's mine too. ;)

    ReplyDelete