Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thundercats Hoooooaaaa!

Lion-O is the "man" well, or cat...or whatever he's cool. As I've been drawing these this week, I'm thinking of who I like the best and why. I always liked the leaders growing up (Lion-O, Optimus Prime, Leonardo, He-Man, etc..) So I think for that reason alone Lion-O was always my favorite. He had the coolest weapon, and I would put it out there that the "Sword of Omens" is the coolest weapon of the 80's. Any other suggestions....

Like I said with Tygra, I liked his design and abilities the best, but I was always rooting for that leader character. I like that Lion-O was flawed as a leader because of his youth and inexperience. He was a little arrogant and headstrong, but that appealed to us youth at the time. Now I go back and watch the show and I think, man Lion-O is being a punk! but thats just cause Im getting older now. Ah well.

This sketch took longer, and is acutally the size of my Convention commissions. It has to do with the suprise at the end of the week, but it also acounts for the higher cost for the original art.

Thundercats Week - Lion-O -022



Original art for sale - $90 +$6 Shipping
11x17 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Lion-O" to 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! So classic Robert! Here's hoping the new cartoon is up to snuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful !

    I would like to know if I can color it ?
    Thank you

    Berto

    ReplyDelete