Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Atomic ROBO! It's a Nikola Tesla Punch to the Face!

“Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, Buckaroo Banzai, and The Rocketeer crammed into Nikola Tesla’s robot with pants. THAT is Atomic Robo!" - Aaron Haagland

Once again I get the chance to spotlight an AMAZING independent comic, this one called Atomic Robo by writer Brian Clevinger and artist Scott Wegener. I first picked up Atomic Robo right when their Volume 1 book came out at the San Diego Comic Con a few years ago. It contained the collected first 4 issues. I read it that night and came back the next day to buy another book for my sister.  I was blown away by the smart and witty writing, and the dynamic story telling that was so clean and enjoyable. 

Very quick premise. Atomic Robo is the creation of Nikola Tesla. Robo is a nuclear powered, "automatic intelligent" robot that is on the side of the good guys. Each volume is a self contained story that can be read in any order and will stand alone as it's own adventure. Since Atomic Robo does't age, you can see quickly that he has played a part in major conflicts and secret operations since the 1920's. The book becomes a fun romp through time. My sketch is based on his time in WWII in the 2nd volume called "Atomic Robo: And the Dogs of War".  I can seriously go on and on about how great this book is, instead PLEASE just go and order a copy yourself. You can find out more at the Atomic Robo website here:      www.atomic-robo.com

The BEST place to get these books is at www.instocktrades.com  

Even better here is a direct link to the Atomic Robo books!
ATOMIC ROBO VOLUMES    Check it out, you wont be sorry!




Atomic Robo - 034
Add caption here:

FIRST OFFICIAL R.A.A.  CONTEST
(R.A.A. stands for Robert Atkins Art...incase you were wondering)

I'd love to get an awesome caption for this piece. This whole week I will be accepting your suggestions for the caption to this sketch. To enter the contest simply post this blog as a link to your Facebook or Twitter account with your suggestion of the caption! Then email me the link to your Facebook or Twitter post at this address:   Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

That's it!  2 quick steps:

1. Link (share)  this post with your "caption for this image" on Facebook or Twitter.

2. Email me the link to your Facebook or Twitter post.

At the end of the week a secret someone (not me) will decide the best caption. That person with the chosen caption will get this sketch FO' FREE! I'll mail it to your doorstep for being so awesome!  I'll adjust the sketch posted here with your word bubble once a winner is chosen.


Original art - TO BE WON!
9x12 Ink on Bristol board
Lets see them comments!



1 comment:

  1. Robert,

    Very cool! I need to check this book out...

    Jon

    ReplyDelete