Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gotta Catch 'em All...or something like that?

So I'm one of those guys who is just a bit too old to have gotten into Pokemon. It was hitting big right about when I started high school and it was the little kids thing to be into at the time. It's often the same thing I hear about guys who are 5-10 years older than me and what they think about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It blows me away that they don't think the TMNT are the coolest things ever?!

Well, being the good sport that I am I drew the suggested "Ash Ketchum throwing a pokeball" that was put on my list. I'm not a discriminator of "awesome"and abiding by the rules I still included the drawing into my challenge.......but I went ahead and threw Michelangelo in there to make it cool. HA! In your face Sketch Challenge list! Boooyah!


Ash Ketchum Pokemon - 028

heh, So I actually spent about 90 min. on this. I know, I know far too long. But I got into doing the lettering and the whole visual gag and wanted to finish it. Still, for the sake of how silly this is...


SOLD
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Ash Vs. TMNT" to 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

1 comment:

  1. lol! Nice job!

    It's interesting how different generations see things. You grew up with the Turtles, so they were always cool to you... we grew up with Pokemon, so it still holds a place in our hearts.

    I'd like to see a pokedex readout on Michelangelo... it would probably try to classify it as an existing pokemon (like turtwig), or say it's previously unidentified :D

    ReplyDelete