Sunday, August 21, 2011

Omega Beam Baby!

I didn't mean to do two DC comics villians in a row, but I bumped up Darkseid for today's sketch. I was just in the mood to draw a big guy. The thing I've always liked about Darkseid is  that he's the physical match for Superman. Not too many DC villians can claim that pedigree. Also, he has the coolest eyebeams in all of comics. It hurts me to say it, but Cyclops doesn't even hold a candle to the beams coming out of Darkseid's eyes.

Omega beams, have the abilities to travel in any direction and seem to be able to navigate around objects according to Darkseid's will. He has many other abilities, I won't overload your brains with the sheer awesome. For the purposes of this sketch, let's just say he has wicked cool eye beams and leave it at that.

Darkseid - 046

I wanted to see this sketch a bit more finished and so I spent a little over an hour on it and inked it with pens. Side note, I love drawing explosions, one of my absolute favorite things....even little ones.


SOLD
9x11 ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Darkseid" or "Wicked Cool Eyebeams"  to 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

1 comment: