Friday, September 23, 2011

Blast from the Past!

I gotta admit, this is a bit before my time. But I don't deny the awesome. Just the fact that Dazzler would attempt to fight for the cause of mutants with Xavier's X-men in ROLLER SKATES, she demands respect. heh.

This is a sketch for my good friend Christopher Giles. He's been following my work from easily 5 or 6 years ago when I was first breaking in to the industry and just out of school. Christopher co-hosts a great podcast called GI JOE: REVIEW. They are reviewing the original Marvel run of GI JOE and give their commentary on the books from the 80's. I also came across Christopher on the Uncanny X-Cast message boards with the screen name "Dazzler-Fan".  He has a previous Dazzler sketch from me in her New Excaliber costume, I think he got it from me about 4 years ago at a Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC. I actually do like that costume, but this is the original disco queen throw back. So a big "Thanks" for all your support Christopher, I hope you enjoy it!

X-Men Month - Dazzler - 081


Original Art - NFS
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Robert, you never cease to amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool piece! Very actiony and fun! Great to hear it will be part of Christopher's collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awsome pic, however you missed the disco ball she wore around her neck on a chain. Nice to hear about another dazzler fan. My fave incarnation was the outback time period.
    Cheers
    Lee-Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. agh, I had the necklace in my underdrawing sketch. I missed it in the inks. ugh. I like the blue costume as well. But I had a need to draw some roller skates. what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! This design is 100% undiluted, unselfconscious fun! You did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete