Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Could I fly if I screamed really loud?

If that was the case my son would never be earth bound. I dont know what changed, about 3 months ago my son loves to play and run around and SCREAM....just because, for the heck of it. Its fun and playful, he's not hurt or anything. He just likes to scream when he plays. Its a good thing he's not a mutant, I'd never keep him on the ground.

At any rate, today is our Irish pal Sean Cassidy a.k.a. the Banshee! Another member of that new international X-Men team from the  70's. (you can tell by his wicked side burns and funky disco collar!) I put him slightly above Thunderbird and Sunfire on that team, and when those two died or left the team no one really noticed. So that's not saying much for Banshee. I never really understood the purpose of this character, and I dont know that Chris Claremont did that much either. He kind of fell by the wayside for quite a while.

Plus think of it practically, would you want someone on your team that just screams....ALL THE TIME your fighting. How could they concentrate, I wouldn't bring him along on missions either. Still he's one of the classics, and I can't help but have a soft spot for the character.

X-Men Month: Banshee - 062



 Check out the amazing discounts at INSTOCK TRADES for your X-Men comics.
Seriously you can always get 30-40% off all your books, ALL the time! 

SOLD
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Banshee" to
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

Also please check out the POLL on the left and participate, I want to try and get a fix on who the favorite X-Men is by the end of the month!





1 comment:

  1. Come on, Banshee rocks! He's the old school pro the team falls back on when in a jam. He's got history with Black Tom Cassidy and still kicked butt when he didn't have powers! Not to mention he led Generation X! Banshee is the man!

    ReplyDelete