Sunday, September 18, 2011

Magnetos or Magnetoes?

How do you spell a plural Mageneto?

Anyway,  I inked this up for today's sketch. And I say today but again its 4:30 in the morning on Mon. I'm still on a tight deadline, so I won't go on and on. I have two drawings of Magneto here and I want your feedback on which you think works better. The only difference is the shadow on his eyes, but it's curious how that little thing changes the mood of the drawing and his character a bit. I'll be getting Simon to color this up, and I want to know which you all prefer.

Thanks in advance!

X-Men Month: Villains - Magneto - 76



SOLD
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Magneto" to



6 comments:

  1. It's gotta be the shadowed one! You're right, it makes a big difference1

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for the shadowed one as well. It gives Magneto a bit more of a sinister (no pun intended) look. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the villian I'd say go with Shadow. For the Homo Sapiens-superior civil rights guy go with no shadow. Both are fantastic though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others, I would do the shadow, but I would push the shadows even further across the face. The piece looks great either way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like being able to see his eyes, but I'm no expert.

    ReplyDelete