Thursday, September 29, 2011

Phoenix quite the appropriate name...

Characters that die and come back to life have become a joke in the comics industry. For the longest time the Dark Phoenix saga was one of the most impactful character deaths in comics until that time. Considering Jean Grey's Phoenix name and power, I never minded when she came back. I never cared for Cyclops' reaction to it in regards to Madylene Pryor, but that aside I was glad Jean was back alive and back with Scott.

In early 2000's when she died again, I stopped reading X-Men. For a looooong time. There's a lot of speculation when she'll come back. And again, I wouldn't mind it, it's her name's sake as the Phoenix. For the sketch today I went with her 90's Jim Lee designed costume. Mostly because I hadn't draw her in this costume before, but also this is going to be a book end piece with my Cyclops that Im doing tomorrow.

X-Men Month - Jean Grey - 087




SOLD
11x17 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Jean Grey" to

Don't forget to post a vote on the POLL to the left. Friday I will close it out and announce who the favorite X-men character is!

Be sure to check out these Awesome X-Men comics at DCBService.com and Instock Trades

2 comments:

  1. It is really hard to beat a Jim Lee design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 this! Jean's my favorite X-Man your take on her is fantastic! By 'book end piece', do you mean they'll actually be made into book ends? If yes, I will totally buy 'em! :D I think I need a colored print of this too!

    ReplyDelete