Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Summers Brothers Part 1

Havok, He's another character that I've been intriqued by, but I don't think he's given his due. Always playing second fiddle to Scott (Cyclops), his brother, it's a hard role to find yourself in with the X-Universe.

The costume I used here is the one he wore in the late 90's during his X-Factor run that Jeff Matsuda drew. I was collecting just about every X-title back then and actually remembered enjoying this. I went back to look through those books and I dont know if they hold up so well. Even the design for this costume seemed to change from panel to panel....and its not the most difficult costume to draw. One of the things I've always liked about Havok's costume is the black "void" that shows just a sillhouette with the circular power cutting through it. I liked that this costume had that effect from his original but was a little more modern with out that crazy head gear he used to have.

X-Men Month -  Havok - 079


SOLD
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Havok" to

2 comments:

  1. This came out super intense! It really expresses the power of Havok!

    Isn't this his outfit when he was sort of an undercover terrorist or something? I seem to remember an Annual where he and Cyclops went at while he was wearing this suit. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of. For a while he was a brainwashed terrorist. I thought it was probably the best one the second best is the Philip Tan design when he came back after Mutant X. Great expression on his face. I always thought it was a shame that they canceled X-Factor for Mutant X.

    ReplyDelete