Thursday, September 1, 2011

X-Men: First Love

I get asked a lot what got me into comics, or what was the first comic I ever read. My earliest memory of reading a comic or thinking they were interesting was when I was in grade school. I helped my brothers with a paper route and we'd stop a convenience store at the corner. I remember flipping through an X-Men comic and seeing a weird team who everyone thought was dead with a secret base hidden in Australia....not exactly "Jumping on Point" material. But sure enough there was something about the characters that really drew me in and I would read them each month. I didn't buy them, I would stand there with newspaper sack slung over my shoulder reading the books in the store until we got kicked out.

I've grown up enjoying X-Men, I was really getting into collecting comics when X-Men #1 hit big selling millions of copies. The 90's cartoon was a smash and everyone was familiar with the characters, and I kept collecting still to today. I've been a big fan of the concept, the fundemental idea behind the property, and of course I have my list of favorite characters.

When I had the idea for this blog, I posted on a number of websites and message boards to get character suggestions. One of the forums was the Uncanny X-Cast Podcast's forum and man did I get loaded with X-Men characters to do for my blog. I didn't mind, and so when compiling the schedule we devoted this entire month of September to everyone's favorite mutants.

Kicking off X-Men Month with non other than: James "Logan" Howlett a.k.a. Wolverine

X-Men Month: Wolverine - 057
original sketch on white Bristol board, logo and effects were added after scanning.


SOLD
9x12 Pencil on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Wolverine" to

1 comment:

  1. Yes! X-Men month. I can't wait!

    (you should do a mass-post on PH at the end of the month, again, like Naruto!)

    ReplyDelete