Friday, October 7, 2011

Ace in the hole...

Quick post today, this is a continuation of the previous post for the Ace and Flint commission. These are why the larger commissions take so long. I do a lot of planning, composing and add the detail as if it was a cover piece. Since I'm inking this myself, I wont be penciling this much tighter. Maybe a little bit here and there to get a few specifics worked out. Obviously the Skystriker is a bit wonky, and I will spend sometime getting that accurate. Otherwise this is what I go from straight to inks.

Ace and Flint Commission Pencils - 096


11x17 4h Pencil on 3ply Bristol Board

3 comments:

  1. Looks cool. Can't wait to see what you come up with for my Batgirl piece. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is really looking good! Might have to go throw in "Behind Enemy Lines" now!

    ReplyDelete