Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Been a long time comin'...

This is a commission for Rob that has been waiting a very long time for me to finish. A couple years ago I was still taking what I called "cover" commissions. You could pay a bit extra and I would do a commission with the same attention to detail and time as I would a cover for the GI JOE book. I got through most of them, but since they were so time consuming I found it hard to fit them into my schedule. I stopped taking them all together, but I had one left over that for the longest time I had to keep putting off.

Well finally, I'm just simply making the time to get it done. Rob has been incredibly patient and one of the few customers, that even though it's been quite  awhile, he has remained very understanding. I wanted to really knock this out of the part for him. I'm excited about it also because this is a commission of Flint and Ace in front of a downed Sky Striker. The SkyStriker is by far my favorite Joe toy, and one of my favorite toys of my collection. I've got 3 of them and counting, heh. They're just waiting for a U.S.S Flagg to put them on. I haven't gotten a chance to draw Flint much, and Ace only once. So this is a treat for me too!

Ace and Flint Commission Prelim - 093


This kind of cover type image always reminds me of a GI JOE: Special Missions book. IDW has been doing an awesome job of reprinted the old Marvel run.  You can find the collected editions here at INSTOCK TRADES

2 comments:

  1. Awesome layout!! It does look like a Special Missions style cover, love it! And more Flint is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Shane (is that surprising?). Look forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete