Monday, October 3, 2011

Peter Parker's Finger Puppet Parka!

I think I had posted this commission earlier in the summer before my daily sketches started. What I didnt mention was that while I was inking this I was also currently drawing the Snake Eyes book for IDW.  In SnakeEyes, he and a group of Joes were climbing up in the mountains. They were wearing all these heavy coat parkas with the furry hoods. I was inking this commission and around 2-3 am started nodding off while I was working....never a good combination when ink is involved.

Sure enough I nodded myself awake and to my dismay, during my delirium of inking and sleep, I had drawn a parka around Spiderman's index finger!?!  It was as if he was wearing a finger puppet with a parka....it was PETER PARKER'S FINGER PUPPET PARKA!





So I just went to bed, I needed a clear head to fix this problem. When I started work the next day, I was able to use an electric eraser to take off the majority of the dark ink.  Then I used whatever lines for the border and the webbing on his hands to disguise the Parka lines. Finally, to get rid of the remaining lines that I couldn't disguise, I took a craft knife and scraped off the top layer of the bristol board, essentially scraping off the mistake.

In my haste to correct the issue I didn't scan in the finger puppet parka. Quite unfortunate. Well the purpose of my post here is that I finally was able to do the second half of the commission and color it with marker. So here it is...in all it colored, de-finger puppetted glory.


Spider-Man Colored - 091

8 comments:

  1. You need to market this idea, millions of tourists world wide would by this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Robert did it on purpose. He's just making up this story to avoid going to Therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I should ask for parka puppets in my next sketch or you can surprise me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of all the "mistakes" that can be made, this is truly the most awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, I cannot believe how have you managed to correct that!

    Iniking on late hours is a bad combination, I have fallen asleep on the table while inking, and GOD THE HORROR!! :S

    ReplyDelete