Monday, November 7, 2011

Leon Belmont

Alright, finally we're back to Castlevania week and my blog header can make sense again. Sorry for the break in the theme, but it couldn't be helped. While at the convention, if I was going to be sketching I needed it to be for the people there instead of just for myself.

Which brings us back to the blast I've had working on these Castlevania characters. With each sketch I do, it makes me want to spend more time playing the games, but then when would I find time to do my sketching!?!  Still, I can atleast appreciate the amazing designs and rich history in the game from the outside looking in.

Without knowing much at all about this character, more than anything I was drawn to the "look" he had. Layers of complexity in design. Very cool stuff to work with. This whole theme week has been taking classic Castlevania designs, throwing my style over it and trying to make them as dynamic as possible.

Castlevania Week: Leon Belmont - 127

I just rambled on without knowing ANYTHING about the character. For a more capable description here are Quinn's comments on Leon Belmont:

"Leon is the first of the Belmont family to come up against the forces of darkness, in "Castlevania: Lament of Innocence," taking place in 1094. A knight working for the Church, Leon forsakes his title and his sword when his betrothed, Sara Trantoul, is kidnapped by the vampire Walter Bernhard. His quest to save her leads to the creation of the Vampire Killer whip, and forges the eternal fate of his clan in their vigil to keep Dracula in his coffin."

This Portion of Quinn's comments is sponsored by
Check out Quinn's work and projects there.



All the Castlevania characters and property is copyrighted to Konami!
You can support the company that started it all by 
liking their Facebook page and 
following @Konami  on twitter!



Original Art for Sale - $60 + $6 shipping
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Leon Belmont" to

3 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic! I'm really enjoying all of these. I wish I got on this earlier, but at least now I have a ton of material to go back and check out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a long way to go heh, Im not even half way done. Im glad you got on board. help spread the word too if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. The dramatic perspective is awesome. I actually FEEL like I'm getting whipped in the face!!

    ReplyDelete