Friday, November 4, 2011

Now for something Completely different...

Sorry for the interruption in the Castlevania week. Im in North Carolina this weekend for NC Comic Con! For the next couple of days Im going to be busy cranking out as many sketches as I possibly can. If I have down time I will do another Castlevania, otherwise Im going to postpone them until Mon.

Thanks for being patient with me. For today's sketch I had an interesting request. I was sent a hard cover book of the Amazing Spider-Man comics that I drew. The book is called the Amazing Spider-Man: The Red Headed Stranger.

On the inside cover of the book there is a double page red paper before you get to the content of the book. I was asked to draw a Spiderman sketch there on those empty pages. So I was able to get  a cool toned paper look and inked Spiderman across both pages. The highlights are done with a white gel pen.

Sorry for the bad scan, I just have my hand held scanner with me and I couldnt get a decent scan of some of the areas, but here you go!

Spider-Man - 124


4 comments:

  1. That is an awesome sketch! Fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent detail and phenomenal use of the red paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That might be one of the best things you've ever done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty awesome! but it is a shame that it has to be closed inside the book. I hope they scan it and put it ion the wall. It should be enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete