Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Snake Eyes 3rd Grade....

A few years ago this theme started with another sketch on a blank comic cover. It was the Death of Captain America, and Marvel ran a blank cover variant for that issue. Back then the cover stock to draw on was absolutely terrible, ah man did I hate doing these covers back then. Eventually publishers went with a more art friendly drawing surface on these covers, and I am really enjoying it now.

But on that old DoCA cover someone asked for Snake Eyes holding Captain America's shield. Having never thought to mash together two of my favorite characters of all time, I jumped at the chance. Since then I've been asked to do this a few times now, and I love it every time. My 3rd graded cover is...


Sketch Cover SnakeEyes w/ Cap's Shield - 136





For the other Cap Shield Snake Eyes sketches, they are in my 50 page art book called
Atkins: Declassified
I still have a few copies left for $15 each with $3 shipping.

For Questions or Comments please email me at

3 comments:

  1. Awesome as always, Robert! Such a great combo...now what about Steve Rogers with an Arashikage sword?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And Snake Eyes arrived to Avenge the fallen heroes..." Yeah!!!

    -Shane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, the first thing I thought of when I saw your title for this post was Snake Eyes in 3rd grade, i.e. a little cute Snake Eyes with an oversized head, maybe kicking the crap out of some playground bullies. Hopefully not with a sword.

    ReplyDelete