Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Snake Eyes...goin' Commando!

Very quick post today. Im on the road for the holidays. Working up a Commando Snake Eyes for a commission. I realized this is the first time I have ever drawn him in this version, less ninja, more soldier.

I mentioned to my wife that I was drawing Commando SnakeEyes and she just bursts out laughing...I was like "what's so funny!?!" feeling a little offending and defensive for the character that I love to draw so much. It took me a few moments to finally get what made her laugh. I had to explain that SnakEyes is geared up like a commando, he isn't "Going Commando".....there is a BIG difference. And honestly, hey, who's to say if he is or isn't...that's up to Snake eyes and none of my business.

Commando Snake Eyes - 142



Sorry, not the best scan, but like I said on the road. This is a commission for Jon Thurmond, just barely started the inks and thought to scan it.

For Questions and Comments you can email me at


8 comments:

  1. I really like the throwback to '82 Snake Eyes on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing as always, I think this is the most hardcore one you've done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I dig the '80 Snake Eyes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should draw him wearing Ski. That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boys started flipping out when they saw this, Robert...admittedly I did, too. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ultimate Snake Eyes! Awesome action pose! Great choice Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing. The Pose and the details are mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete