Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ace and Flint Final....

This was a commission a long time coming, and you've seen it progress over the last couple months here on the blog. I've talked about it quite a bit before, and there probably isn't much more to say except that it's done.  Here are the links to the works in progress as I posted them here:






And now the final!

Ace and Flint Final Inks - 178



Thanks to Andrew Hall from the Comic Art Depot for putting together this flash
of the commission process. You can see some of the subtle changes that the piece went through as it was completed!






For Questions or Comments email me at:
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com





8 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. I love these peices that tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an epic scale cover! Impressive on every level! Congrats to the owner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is unreal. I think that might be the best thing I have ever seen you draw yet, Robert. I love the transition panel that shows all the stages. Nice touch there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they guy who commissioned it is happy with it. I took a very, very long time getting around to this. I think the complexity of it intimidated me a bit. I knew it would be time consuming and I never felt like I had the 2-3 days worth of work that I could set aside to get it done. This worked out well, where I just did a little at a time. I have a few other of these "Cover Quality" commissions (including yours) that I will probably approach the same way.

    Thanks for all the kind words. This was a lot of fun to do. My first time drawing ACE, and I never get tired of drawing Flint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Schikies!!! Absolutely B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! As the soon-to-be owner of this piece, I can't say enough great things about the job Robert has done. He's such a professional on top of being uber-talented. The best part of this commission is that it's not just a pretty pin-up. Every part of this piece is dripping with story potential. This one gets a place of honor on my wall :)

    ReplyDelete