Saturday, December 17, 2011

Firefly...Cause there can never be enough explosions!

Another quick post today, This is part 2 of 2 for the commissions I needed to get to Michael "Frick" Weber. If you remember a couple of days back I did a character from his books "The Field on the Edge of the Woods". Again you can find his creator-owned books here on his site:

This Firefly is for his son, and I'm glad I'm finally getting around to it. I generally break up my commissions into two catagories. I have the larger, cover quality commissions that are a higher rate and I generally spend a full day on. Then I have a second level, that are what I call Convention Style Commissions, and it's the equivelant to what I can get done at a show. I generally spend 2-3 hours on these and they aren't as expensive. For those of you on my lists, it might be confusing why I'm doing certain commissions in what order. It just comes down to freelance scheduling. Trying to fit everything thing in I need to do for my deadline work (Covers, Interior comic pages, Commercial Illustrations) and then seeing what time I can squeeze in for the day to devote to the blog and/or my commission list. 

Just so everyone knows, I'm doing my best to keep up with this commission list and squeeze these in, while keeping as high a quality level as I can. 

As for the sketch...Firefly rocks!  Any disagreement....No?..... Then we're good. ON to the sketch!

Firefly (Cobra the Enemy) - 166

Original Art - Commission
11x17 Ink on Bristol Board - 2hrs~

For Questions or Comments email me at:
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com




6 comments:

  1. I like the way his pose and the composition kinda guide the viewer's eye through the piece. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This only took you 2 hours? How does one place an order for a commission? I've looked around your website several times and can't seem to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can just email Robert and he can tell you all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks Jackie, yeah just email me here and I go over details with you.
    Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com
    I dont publicize that I accept commissions because I cant keep up very well with the list I already have. If you're willing to wait, then email me and we can go over details.

    ReplyDelete