Friday, December 16, 2011

The return of Awesomesauce, dun, dun, dunnnnn....

I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that ninjas are in fact one of the coolest things in the world. Maybe second only to Chuck Norris. I consider myself privileged to be trained in the Ninja Arts....and by that I mean I learned how to draw ninjas, Im sure I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag. Let alone assassinate that bag in the process.

At any rate, I enjoy the fact that I get to draw ninjas on a regular basis. This is the cover art for the upcoming Snake Eyes #11 comic coming out from IDW Publishing. For anyone not picking up Snake Eyes right now, issue #9 is a GREAT jumping on point. Interior art by Alex Cal, who does some fantastic work! and written by Chuck Dixon. I will be coming back on the book as of issue #13 as the regular interior artist.

StormShadow really starts to appear throughout Snake Eyes' book in #9, and will be a prominent role in series when I come on. Here are my inks for the cover, and the colors worked up by the Master of the Ninja Coloring Arts: Amazing Simon Gough!

SnakeEyes 11 cover- Storm Shadow -165

Pencils and Inks by Robert Atkins

Colors by Simon Gough


A Link to my previous Blog Post about my 
Storm Shadow costume redesign!
Storm Shadow ART


The cheapest way to start collecting Snake Eyes is to go to my blog sponsor
Discount Comic Book Service
and start pre-ordering Snake Eyes. You just go to the site, look under the publisher IDW or search "SnakeEyes" and add it to your cart. Each month the book will be shipped directly to you for 30% off!
The other option is to go to
INSTOCK TRADES
and pick up the book after it's collected in a larger format. The Trade combines the monthly issues into 4-6 issue arcs. These books are also 30-40% off but you generally have to wait at least 6 months after the books come out.


Thanks for the inquiries, but the Original Art for this cover is already SOLD.
If you are interested in future cover work, email me at:

Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

 I will add you to my Cover Art Mailing list. I will email you when I have a new cover available. 





4 comments:

  1. I'd say the fact that you even got your entire body to fit in that paper bag is a pretty admirable display of ninja skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin at Generals Joes sent me, and his ravings at his site and on the What's On Joe Mind podcast are quite justified. Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually just admiring this cover over on Hiss Tank. I actually hate all the Ninja stuff in G.I. Joe, but this cover is still pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only good ninjas get to wear skin tight shirts.

    ReplyDelete