Monday, December 12, 2011

What the Joe?...

Just a quick post today. You know a guy is a die hard GI Joe fan, when he gets a commission from me and the character he asks for is William "the Refrigerator" Perry.

Yes,  he was seriously considered a GI Joe and to prove it had his own action figure made as a direct mail order back in '86.


This was a sketch I did for Jason Gavin, though I was a little more "accurate" to his physique. 

GI Joe - The Fridge! - 161


For Questions and Comments email me at:
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


4 comments:

  1. He was also in the WWF! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha love it! this is a great blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sgt. Slaughter would be a great companion piece...fun stuff, nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to remember his weapon was an iron football at the end of a cable he swung around. Even though I wasn't into sports, I still thought that was cool. Ah, the 80's. :)

    ReplyDelete