Saturday, January 14, 2012

JLA - Cyborg

Even with all the past members of the Justice League, I figure I have to mix it up a bit. For those familiar with the character Cyborg, he is synonymous with the Teen Titan group of superheroes for DC Comics. However I wanted a character to represent this new landscape that DC has created with their recent relaunch this last year. Cyborg is now a founding member of the Justice League. The other current members are characters you'd expect to find within the line up. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman and....Cyborg.

I first got into Teen Titans when Geoff Johns took on the writing and it was drawn by Mike McKone back in 2004. This was my first introduction to Mike's work and I really enjoyed it, and I think it still influences my work today. I've had the chance to meet Mike at various conventions and even sit on a panel with him on "Breaking Into Comics" at the San Diego Comic Convention.

In that incarnation, Cyborg was the "Old Guard" he had been around since the Titan's inception and I liked him as the mentor and leader that the rest of the kids looked up to. Even in the Teen Titan's Cartoon that ran for 5 seasons, I really liked Cyborg's personality and presence on the team (though a bit more exaggerated for the audience) That show is what really got my son Connor to start liking superheroes, and even at the age of 3 he was running around the house yelling "BooYah!" (Cyborg's token phrase from the show).  So thanks Cyborg, you officially made my son Awesome!

JLA Jan. - Cyborg - 194



Original Art for Sale - $60 + $6 shipping
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Cyborg" to




2 comments: