Thursday, January 26, 2012

JLA -Green Arrow...

Good Ole' Ollie Queen! Green Arrow is also in my top 10 DC characters,  I really dig this character. He's someone I'd love to take a stab at drawing the book. I haven't had the chance to draw him that much, just a few commissions. I like his fighting style, and of course anyone with weapons and gear I enjoy drawing. Artistically characters with swords or bows help create a great silhouette for the character. You can recognize who it is even in shadow, or when they are jumping around, it helps the dynamics of the figure.

I've previously drawn Green Arrow with the hooded costume, so for this sketch I wanted to do the classic Robin Hood look.

























Of course if you know Green Arrow, you've seen his relationship with Black Canary, another favorite character of mine. For me, thats one of my favorite relationships in comics. Over all I really like the character, and this was a fun chance to try my hand with the character.

JLA Jan. - Green Arrow - 206


Original Art for Sale - SOLD
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Green Arrow" to



5 comments:

  1. Awsome sketch as always, however the archer in me is cringing with the potential injuries to poor Ollie. That being said it is my problem not the sketches. It is about superhero's and not real after all.
    Keep up the awsome work!
    Lee-Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it because of the bow string? I try to make my work as convincing as possible, so if you could be more specific that would help. If he were holding the bow this way, how would I have done it differently to be more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His fingers wouldn't be on the bowstring. They would be on the end of the arrow.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on that, I wont make the same mistake twice. I havent had much experience in archery, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  4. That and the string wouldn't be right in the armpit. The string will snap down his arm taking skin and the arm guard with it. Trust me it stings like a mutha when it happens.

    ReplyDelete