Sunday, January 29, 2012

JLA - Green Lantern...

As it turns out there are quite a few Green Lanterns to choose from  when it comes to the JLA. I put it out on Twitter to see which GL people wanted me to draw for JLA month.  I was just going to take whoever tallied up 5 votes first. Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart or Guy Gardner were the choices. Hal took the early lead, but surprisingly Guy and John had a rush there towards the end. Kyle was getting to be neck and neck with Hal, and I posted finally that the tally was Hal - 4, Kyle - 4, Guy- 3 and John -2. Within seconds I had a flurry of votes that put Hal and Kyle both at 8 votes, well above the limit. By the way, this all happened in a matter of 5 minutes this morning right before I got to work.

I decided to go with Kyle Rayner since I haven't had the chance to draw him before, and I've already drawn Hal and some other Green Lanters for the blog here:


So here we go, the Green Lantern of the 90's and early 2000's -

JLA Jan. - Green Lantern - 209



Original Art for Sale - SOLD
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Green Lantern" to



5 comments:

  1. Excellent Rayner! He would have been my choice too... that kids been through too much, I mean, Hal's had it bad, but Major Force was harsh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, Robert. While Hal is always my #1 Lantern, Kyle is a very close #2. I love that he was an artist. I have his whole run and GL, and he was such a great character. I'm glad he's still around in the new DCU. Just a great piece you did here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan is still the best out of all of them.

      Delete
    2. @David. You're not wrong. Alan Scott rules.

      Delete
  3. 90's Kyle Rayner. Good choice, Robert!

    ReplyDelete