Sunday, January 1, 2012

Kicking off a new year!

Here we go on another full theme month!  My last full month was back in Sept. when I drew as many of the Merry Mutants X-Men, that I could fit in 30 days.

Well to start off the year I wanted to try my hand at DC Comics largest group of characters, The Justice League of America! When researching the characters I now had at my dispossal I was pretty amazed at the sheer number of the groups roster. I'm sticking to anyone who has been considered a full active member in the group. My next choice was who to start with.
JLA Group Shot by Ed Mcguinness - Martian Manhunter highlighted

It didnt take long for me to decide on Martian Manhunter, who I believe is the only character to have been in every incarnation of the Justice League and one of the 5 founding members. I was pretty excited, I don't think I've ever drawn him before, and hie easily ranks in my top 10 DC characters.

So here you go, starting off the new year with the JLA!


JLA Jan.- Martian Manhunter - 181


Original Art for Sale - SOLD
9x12 Ink on Bristol Board.
To Purchase, email subject "Martian Manhunter" to




4 comments:

  1. I try!
    I've been rereading the Morrison/Porter run and this fits perfectly with that feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a shame that DC replaced Martian Manhunter with Cyborg as the seventh founding member of the team. It's for that reason that I'm not reading the new Justice League series.

    Great art!

    ReplyDelete