Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kat/ Catalyst...

Similar to Dain, though not as extreme, Kat runs in that popular crowd from school. It takes a while for us to see what her life is like and why she runs with the crowd she does. The moment Quinn was telling about the mix of characters he had set up for the story, I immediately thought about "The Breakfast Club meets X-Men" I think the character relationships in the book is what really sets up this story. Trust me there's some great action adventure and suspense because of what the kids have to face, but it's how they go about facing those obstacles together that really makes you love the book.

When I started drawing RuneStone characters and pages, this is going on 5-6 years ago...honestly I was still just learning how to draw. Especially when it came to trying to draw a pretty girl, it's something I've worked on and continue to try and refine. Especially with Kat, it's interesting to look back on my art and really see the learning progress with each sketch.

Elders of the RuneStone - Kat/ Catalyst - 247



You can find out more about the series here at the RuneStone website





The focus this week is to spotlight this awesome property I've had a chance to be a part of for years. TOMORROW! We'll be launching a Kickstarter Campaign to help fund the first 4 issue arc. We are well under way with the art, and Quinn has the story written and done (for literally the next 30+ issues). I will post a link as soon as the Kickstarter page is live and you can check out all the great rewards you'll receive for pledging towards the project! 




For Questions and Comments you can email me at:

Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


2 comments:

  1. Wow still looking very cool and the antcipation of learning more is killing me. Gotta ask though, it's been TOMORROW for like 3 days now is the Kickstarter starting this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, good point. I posted these last three posts last night and today. The kickstart will go Thurs. March 8th first thing in the morning! I will post a link. I promise....tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete