Sunday, April 15, 2012

Avengers and their Amazing Friends...Firestar...

Firestar for today's Avenger. I've actually had a request from my son to draw Firestar for awhile now. Believe it or not, one of my 5 year old's favorite cartoons is Spiderman and his Amazing Friends! You might ask how this is possible. I mean, this show aired in 1981, back when I was barely 2 years old at the time.

All I gotta say is God Bless Netflix!

He's seen every episode at least a few times now, it's all he's watch for about a month straight. So one of his favorite female superheroes is Firestar. As it turns out, she's an Avenger too, and I get to keep being the best Dad ever for my son! Everyone wins.

Avengers April - Firestar - 285


 Original Art
SOLD
9x12 ink on Bristol Board. 
To Purchase, email subject "Firestar" to 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


And....I couldn't help it...





 Original Art Still Available for ICEMAN !
$50
9x12 ink on Bristol Board. 
To Purchase, email subject "Iceman" to 

Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com









4 comments:

  1. Awesome sketch! I loved that show too when I was kid. I was around 6 at the time and haven't seen it since it originally aired. It would be fun to see it again to see how it holds up. I do remember being confused that Ice Man was an X-man when I first started reading comics. I was like "wait a minute! I thought he was on Spiderman's team!" Ah the cartoon/comic disparity . . .

    --Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was off the air when I really started remembering the cartoons I watched, But it re aired in '84-85, I guess just on a channel I wasnt aware of. I was way into He-Man, GI JOE, Thundercats, Voltron, Transformers and on and on.

    Some of the voice actors are just ridiculous on the show, and Spiderman is just a ham with his dialogue. But over all, it was a lot of fun! It's a strange team up, but it really hit it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, my Connor is way into The Avengers; the Earth's Mightiest Heros. Sadly, he's also into SuperHeroSquad, which is annoying as all get out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah I try to avoid watching that show at all costs. ugh. But sometimes Connor will see a little bit of it here and there.

    ReplyDelete