Saturday, April 7, 2012

Avengers April Justice Pencils....

I seem to be keeping on a theme of Avengers characters that I know hardly anything about. But a few of these were specifically requested and I'm happy to do them and learn more about them in the process.

This character, Justice, actually has quite a long history in the Marvel Universe. He first appeared in the books as a young boy, known as Marvel boy, stories continue as he gets older. He actually goes to jail and serves his time, even helping the guards during a jail break. Finally after continuing on with his life and honing his telekinesis powers, joins the Avengers a new man and going by the superhero name "Justice".  I wasn't sure which costume to put him in since he's had quite a few over the years. I think one is the most classic, iconic superhero design he has. I especially like how the Star has the colors inverted on his chest and how that works out with the lines. It will be more clear in the inks and colors. Also I just realized I missed the white lines across his thighs. Gotta remember that when Im inking it.

I think he's a great example of what Marvel does well. We see kids grow older, go through real life problems and make decisions based on realistic issues. Except with super powers. Besides that though, we can see them grow up. It may take 40-50 years, but eventually they get older. Like Cyclops from the X-Men. It will be interesting to see how he's portrayed in the upcoming Avengers vs. X-Men cross over event going on now.

Avengers April - Justice Pencils - 278


For Questions and Comments email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


No comments:

Post a Comment