Sunday, May 13, 2012

GI JOE - Torpedo...

One of the most distinct things I remember about this character was in the cartoon. Like I just mentioned I was pretty young when this show first aired, but I remember very specifically thinking why is this guy wearing his flippers inside?!?

Sure enough, they were so specific to get each of these characters uniforms right so they would reflect the toys, Torpedo would wear his flippers just walking around the GI Joe base. I've wanted so bad to draw that in the comic, but Chuck Dixon hasn't written me a place to stick it in. Probably for the best...

GI JOE - Torpedo - 315

Next I'll show these first 5 combined!



3 comments:

  1. Say what? Torpedo had a whole other look for walking around the base, a white t-shirt and blue jeans: http://www.halfbattle.com/pics/torpedo.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Torpedo was actually seen wearing flippers inside in a couple of issues of the original Marvel comic run. I always thought that was pretty hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah maybe that's where I saw it. I can't remember now if it was ever in the cartoon or not. I remember seeing it somewhere. Thanks man!

    ReplyDelete