Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Nunchuck....

Nunchuck, it's not just a weapon you can hit yourself in the face with it's also....A GI JOE character from the NINJA FORCE days!

You might be asking "why would I ever draw this character?" I would say that is a very valid question. Well, I got asked to do a behemoth commission with 10 characters in a horizontal format. I chose to do it even larger to the point where it measured 14 inches tall by 48 inches wide. I was given a very specific list of characters, in the exact order from left to right, the desired poses, and what weapons the characters would have. They were to stand in a row without much over lap, and then I was asked to place a couple vehicles in the background. So I was given these very specific instructions, but even as strict as that was, especially once I finished it, I felt it was all worth it.

Over the next few days' I'll show each character (which each were drawn about 11 inches tall), then I'll show the full completed commission all together.

GI JOE Commission - Nunchuck - 311


Behold the Hot Pink and Lime Green Awesomeness that is Ninja Force!



For those interested in reading the old GI Joe Marvel comics run on the book, IDW Publishing is reprinting the old books into newer collected editions. You can now get the entire150+ issues here!


Each trade is 30% OFF!


For Questions and Comments email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com



1 comment:

  1. Truly, this is a character I never thought I'd see looking so cool. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete