Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Donatello - TMNT...

This was another sketch I did at Heroes Con. Man I love the Turtles. While I was at the show I saw this  AWESOME poster!


I'm kicking myself now for not buying it on the spot. Hopefully I can find another at a convention. 

So I was asked to do this Donatello sketch on a blank TMNT comic. I thought it would be cool to do a newer, grittier version of him ripping through this old school 80's poster. Don't get me wrong, I love the old cartoon, but it's certainly a campy show. 

What I didn't think about was that this poster is actually a pretty positive message. You know, for the kids to stay of drugs and eat more pizza. So, according to how I drew this,  in fact Donatello is so against this message he's ripping through the poster....apparently my version of the turtles are drug-running, pizza haters.


Donatello - TMNT - 354


As you can see on the above comic, IDW Publishing is putting out a new GREAT TMNT book.
You can pick up the first vol. trade here at 





For Questions, Comments....or Complaints email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


Quick Side note, this was also my son's 6th Birthday! Heroes con he got to go around and pick his superhero birthday gifts. Loads of fun!



2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't say this makes Donatello look pro-drugs but rather anti-childhood obesity, which is, let's face it, the other message behind this poster. Undoubtedly this campaign was funded by all the evil pizza cartels out there. Donatello's basically saying "hey kids, you can't be a good ninja if you're not in shape!"

    Seriously, awesome sketch here. I like how it has both the "cartoony" and the "gritty" Turtles all-in-one. Kinda like a pizza with everything on it . . .

    --Tim

    ReplyDelete