Thursday, June 28, 2012

Joe Con Destro and Oktober Guard Cover...

I did this cover for the GI JOE Vs. Cobra #5 comic. It was shown just this weekend at Joe Con in New Orleans. I wish I could have made it down for the con, but I've just got back from a 2 week long trip that included Heroes Con. I know my deadline work simply couldn't allow for it.

In fact I'm finishing up my Snake Eyes run in the next couple of days.

This cover was a lot of work, but loads of fun. I actually stayed up all night inking this thing. It had to get done that night  because I was leaving the next day to chaperone a kindergarten field trip for my son's class. Then immediately leave for Summit City Comic Con after we got back from the field trip.

It was a fun weekend, but I was seriously exhausted. I'm not as young as I used to be and pulling all nighters works me over now. I can function on 4-5 hours sleep most nights, and that's typical for me. But all nighters are pretty much out of the question anymore. Well.... except for conventions, I can seem to not sleep for almost the whole weekend because I'm so excited to be there and the energy of the show keeps me going. I usually pay for it when I get back though.

Here's the process of the cover.

GI Joe VS. Cobra #5 Cover Pencils - 362


Since I was inking it myself this is as finished as my pencils got. Most of the detail is there, but you will see that I really finished the Iron Grenadier soldiers and Destro's reflections with the inks. 

For Questions and Comments email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

Or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment