Monday, July 16, 2012

Geek's Elixir...

Many of you might be familiar with my amazing sister Elaine. She's come with me to various conventions and has established her self some pretty decent geek cred. If you've seen her facebook site, then you know what I'm talking about!


Over the years she has made quite a few friends and contacts within the industry as well as established her own "voice" of commentary on the industry. We brainstormed this last week while she was here visiting and decided she needed a more official site to use as an information hub than just her facebook. 

She'll be starting up a blog very soon where she'll spotlight various News, Reviews and Interviews focusing on the comic book industry. First we needed a name and came up with "Geek's Elixir: Comic Book Essentials". Next we needed a logo, which is where I come in. 


I did up a quick drawing of the bottle and spilled liquid. Simon Gough did me a solid by coloring it up super quick and I worked up the lettering with a little direction from my brother Brian Atkins. At this point we just need to adopt Simon and make it officially a family affair.

I'll post more as soon as the site is up, but be on the look out for some great articles and creator interviews with some of the industries TOP Talent!

For Questions or Comments email me at 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

3 comments: