Tuesday, July 31, 2012

GI JOE cover sneak peek...

I've really been busy with covers lately. I've show the process from the Canadian Joe Con cover that I did recently. I have another cover for GI JOE that hasn't been shown yet, so I'll spotlight that when it comes out.

What's really kept me busy is what I'm currently finishing up. For the month of Oct. for issues 18 of GI JOE, Cobra and Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow there will be a 3 part connected cover. It's one ENORMOUS image that's broken up into three parts split between the three titles.

It was the kind of images I've wanted a good excuse to do for a couple of years now. I obviously can't show it off yet, but I can take a tiny section of it. I wanted it to encompass everything that is cool about GI JOE to me. I'll go into much more detail when the cover is shown and announced by IDW. Until then I wanted to at least show a bit of what's kept me up during my recent all-nighters.

GI JOE cover sneak peek - 387



Just to give you some perspective on the scope of this image, the final cover is a total of 33 inches wide by 17 inches tall.  This section I'm showing you a bit of is only 6 inches wide by 4 inches tall. Each figure here is only about 2 inches tall at the most. 

For Questions and Comments email me at 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

4 comments:

  1. I CANNOT wait to see this/these cover(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tunnel Rat!!

    These are going to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance of the image being made into a poster?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You put Gung-Ho into the cover-- and that's just made this 100% PURE AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete