Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wolverine...

Here's another blank comic cover sketch. I think it's the first I've done on a Wolverine book. Actually this is just the front, I'm having ole' Wolvie battle a giant Sentinel that will cover the back of the book as well. Here's the first part done, I'll be adding the Sentinel and posting that tomorrow.

Wolverine vs the Sentinel - 373


My favorite run on Wolverine was when Leinil Yu was drawing the title early on in his career. You can see his influence with the way I drew his mask. It was just solid art and a rotating cast of side characters that kept it fun. I go back and read that every once in a while, and I don't do that with many of my single issues packed away in the closet. They've only put some of those issues in trade so far. I'm hoping they'll collect the rest at some point.

There are some fantastic Wolverine Trades and Graphic novels that you can find here at



For Questions or Comments email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com



2 comments:

  1. Very very cool. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work bub! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete