Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Angel and Iron Fist commission more inking....

Just more detail added in today's warm up. Made a few adjustments to Iron Fist as I went.  A lot of people ask what I use for reference in my buildings. I have photo files of buildings from cities all over the country. NYC and Chicago both especially have a certain "style" to their architecture.

So if the illustration doesn't ask for a specific location, I'm usually free to just grab a building I like from this photo and another I like from that photo. Then I piece together the details. Generally it's a matter of overlapping them as they go into the distance keeping in mind spacing so they don't get confusing. In this piece I purposefully packed them together to give some visual weight to that side.


Angel and Iron Fist Commission inks - 407



The sketches for last years daily challenge are collected in these 3 volumes!
366: Daily Sketch Challenge 
Sketchbooks
Volumes 1, 2, and 3 are available for $10 each combining 180 pages of art!
$5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3 combined.

Volume 4 will be coming out this Oct. Volume 1's first print run is nearly sold out. Get them while you can!





For Questions and Comments, or to order sketchbooks
email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

1 comment:

  1. I am so loving that background! I mean, the entire thing is awesome but it just gives the entire image so much more "pop".

    ReplyDelete