Friday, August 17, 2012

Angel and Iron Fist Commission...

I had an interesting pairing request for a commission. Angel from the X-Men and Iron Fist, both Marvel Comics characters, but rarely have they ever really interacted with each other. One of the great things about personal commissions is the chance to not only draw characters I don't normally have the chance too, but also that it could literally be anyone paired up together.

Here's the first initial sketch and the pencils of Angel. I'll be posting up progress shots as I go through this one.

Angel - 403


Here is the small layout that I worked out the figure poses and composition on. There will be a NY rooftop cityscape in the background too that isn't shown in the sketch. 


This is as detailed as I need for my layouts, just enough to get basic figure proportions and the compositional spacing down.


Speaking of strange pairings in commissions. Here is a Hawkman vs. Captain America that I've done as well. I'd like to do more of these Marvel vs. DC battles. 



For Questions and Comments email me at 
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


Also don't forget to check out 
for 40% off your Graphic Novels and comic Trade Collections!





2 comments:

  1. Whew! That Hawkman vs. Captain America is SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *drools* Best Angel you've done yet! I'm beyond excited now.

    ReplyDelete