Friday, August 24, 2012

Crazy Cat Lady...Bleez and Dex Starr

I wanted to share some colors on a con commission I did. I've been reading Green Lantern since Geoff Johns took over, so I was really into the build up of the various colored lanterns. I fell off around Blackest night with my whole aversion to Zombies. I wasn't that interested. I've since picked up the New Guardians Green Lantern book and really enjoy it.

I think the addition of the various colored lantern corps was a fantastic rejuvenation to the property and really gave us some great characters out of it. While I like the concept of the red lanterns, they aren't my favorite, but Dex Starr the Red Lantern cat is a pretty cool character. He's basically this tiny blue cat filled with eternal rage. I wonder what makes him so angry. Personally, I think it's the endless you tube videos of cats running into walls, falling off couches or looking drunk after a visit to the vet. It slanders his race. I bet that's it.

Red Lanterns Bleez and Dex Starr Inks and Colors - 410



Colors by Kyle Ritter!

This sketch in particular is in Volume 1 of my sketchbooks below!


The sketches for last years daily challenge are collected in these 3 volumes!
366: Daily Sketch Challenge 
Sketchbooks
Volumes 1, 2, and 3 are available for $10 each combining 180 pages of art!
$5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3 combined.

Volume 4 will be coming out this Oct. Volume 1's first print run is nearly sold out. Get them while you can!





For Questions and Comments, or to order sketchbooks
email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


1 comment:

  1. They did do a story on how he got his ring, i just can't remember which issue it was in. It was a rather touching story if memory serves me corectly.
    Cheers
    Lee-Erin

    ReplyDelete