Monday, August 13, 2012

JOKER again...

This was a Joker commission I did for Mike Heddle, the guy who runs the Canadian Joe Con. It was an incredibly well run show. I had a grate time and was really grateful that they'd consider bringing me up to meet all the Joe fans and hang out for the weekend.

I believe next year they are planning on doing the con a little earlier in the summer, probably in June. So if you can make it, I highly suggest going!

I've only drawn the Joker a few times, and it's definitely a work in progress. The more I draw him the more comfortable I get doing it, but he has such a distinct look. It's a tough balance to make him look so exaggerated, but not silly. You still have to make him look psychotic and threatening, but almost in a non threatening way. It's weird. Still, he's a very fun and challenging character to draw.

It also marks my 400th consecutive post!!! man, I didn't intend to keep this going after my year long challenge was done back in July, but it's kind of worked out that way. I tend to take breaks due to cons or my tight deadlines occassionally, but then I do enough sketches, warm ups and commissions to catch back up.

My plan is to finish all the commissions I have due to people on my list and any left over convention or pre-order sketches. As soon as those are done I'll get back to my themes. My first theme I'll do will be a full month of He-Man and the Master of the Universe! But like I said that will be just a little bit longer while I catch up.

Joker Commission - 400

Click to see it larger! If you right click and "Save image as", 
you can see it even larger than it allows through the blog. 


For Comments and Questions email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


No comments:

Post a Comment