Wednesday, September 5, 2012

GI JOE Combined 3 part inked cover...

Here is the final cover inked with all three parts combined. Over all I like the balance and flow to the piece. Even in hind sight there would be things I'd change (more vehicles for one), but for the most part I'm happy with how it came out. It was by far the most ambitious cover I've tried to date.

List of included characters:

Duke, Helix Major Bludd, Chuckles, Serpentor, Baroness, Wet Suit, Torpedo, Gung Ho, Stalker, Rock n' Roll, Beach Head, Road Block Tunnel Rat, 5 Cobra Troopers, Scarlett, Snow Job, Zartan, 2 Cobra Eels, Lady Jaye, Flint, Firefly, Mainframe, Dial Tone, Destro, 4 Cobra Vipers, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Mutt and Junk Yard, Dusty, Hot Sauce, and Hit n' Run.

Included Vehicles and drivers:

Firebats, Hiss Tank, Stinger, Stun, Trouble Bubble and Dragon Fly.

GI JOE Combined Cover - 422


The best way to catch up on the IDW run of GI JOE is to visit
INSTOCK TRADES.com! 


They also have in stock some of my very first GI JOE collected convention sketchbooks. I'm sold out, I believe they are the only place you can still get them for cover price!


For Comments and Questions email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

8 comments:

  1. That would make a kick-ass poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me if you're interested in a black and white version or the color version. I'm thinking of doing a limited run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really enjoyed this recent series of posts. An incredible, amazing piece of work you've created here. Add me to the list of those who would like prints of these--email incoming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you have any of your sketch books at NYCC?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I'll have the first 3 volumes of my blog sketchbooks, and hopefully my 4th. Then also my larger colored book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooooooo colour please!
    Lee-Erin

    ReplyDelete